#AWW 2018: Anita Heiss
- Editor: Anita Heiss
- Title: Growing Up Aboriginal in Australia
- Published: 2018
- List of Challenges 2018
- Monthly plan
- #AWW2018 @AusWomenWriters
- All these stories are important.
- People are being so open and
- …honest telling us
- what makes them be who they are.
- I took something from all these selections
- …but most of all I loved Marlee Silva.
- Her father used a great analogy
- …to explain to his young daughter
- what it means to be a product of two cultures.
- Her father poured two cups of black coffee
- …adds creamer to one of them.
- “..no matter how much milk you add: they’ll never not be coffee.”
- Marlee uses this image as a shield to this day.
- This book was an eye-opening education
- …for me about
- growing up Aboriginal in Australia.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.