#Xmas Kitchen 2018 Pâte Brisée
- I have tried to find the perfect recipe for a pie crust
- to use making a Quiche Lorraine
- My mistakes in the past:
- I did not roll the dough between 2 pieces of baking paper (…this is a #MustDo)
- I did not roll the dough thin enough. (…must be 2-3 mm thick)
- I did not leave enough dough around edges (…pastry shrinks)
- I did not use a ring as baking form. (see FOTO).
- This lets dough rest on cooking sheet instead of bottom of a form.
- The heat from the cooking sheet assures a crisp bottom on the crust.
- rolling pin
- 2 sheets baking paper
- ideal is a pastry cutter but you can use a fork
- 1 culinary ring form 25 cm
Oven: Fan/180 C
- 90 gr butter
- 180 gr flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs cold water
- sugar (5 gr)
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix flour, butter, salt, sugar …add egg yolks…mix…add water….mix.
- Wrap dough in kitchen foil and let it rest in fridge 1 hour or overnight
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of baking paper
- Place dough in form on cookie sheet in fridge 30 min
- Using baking paper with ‘bean weights’…
- Bake the crust ‘blind’.
- Bake 25-30 min (check to see if it is golden brown)
- Take out of oven and let cool
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded (Swiss) cheese
- snippets of cooked bacon or ham ( optional for vegan quiche)
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle cheese and bacon on warm crust.
- Place cookie sheet in oven…
- This is important so you don’t spill filling while
- wrestling with the oven door or rack.
- …pour mixture eggs and milk into crust.
- Bake: Fan/180 30-35 min
Read more from Messages
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.