#AusReadingMonth2020 Girl Reporter (novella)
- Author: Tansy Roberts
- Title: Girl Reporter ( pg 182)
- Genre: novella (SF)
- Published: 2017
- Trivia: Winner Aurealis Award 2018 Best SF Novella
- Bingo card: TAS
- List of Challenges 2020
- Monthly plan
- #AusReadingMonth2020 @Bronasbooks
- #NovNov @746Books
- I just loved this novella!
- Tansy Roberts just nailed it with the ‘new vocabulary‘ for the
- networked, connected, vlogging, livestreaming, vid, twitter feed generation.
- Friday Valentina (#SuperheroSpill reporter) made me laugh:
- “There’s something beautiful about the perfect hashtag.
- Truly, the hashtag is the epic poem of the 21st C.”
- Have some fun and enjoy Tina (mother), Friday Valentina
- Solar, Astra, The Dark and many more characters.
- This book is full of snark and satire!
- Strong point: snappy dialogue
- Tansy Roberts’ dialogue:
- develops the plot
- reveals characters’ motivation,
- creates an cyberspace experience for reader
- makes an average story extraordinary.
11 Comments Post a comment
You have found some amazing Aussie novellas this month Nancy. I look forward to tracking them down myself. I love a good hashtag myself 🙂
Hashtags say it all! #NeedCoffee !
Such a great selection of Australian novellas Nancy – well done!
Thanks so much for hosting….I have more novella’s on my list but don’t think I’ll get them done b before 30 November. I’ve harvested quite a few titles from you masterpost #NovNov! Now…looking forward to #ReadingIrelandMonth21!
Excellent Nancy! I just saw on Twitter that Emma Dabiri has a new book out net year so that might be one for your diverse Irish reading!
Good to know… need all the help I can get when it comes to diversity Irish writers! 🙂