#AWW2019 Maxine Beneba Clarke
- I needed to share
- Maxine Beneba Clarke’s poem on my blog.
- There is something so rewarding in this poem
- if you are willing to
- …let go of what you already know.
We’ll go cardboard-boothed
to the primary schools
and the churches to boot
and friendly neighbours
will avert their eyes
as they fold up their votes
You want a poem to unsettle something…
- Maxine Beneba Clarke has done it
- ..about Australian elections 2019
- There’s not a word wasted in these clean, spare lines.
- We could use this poem for elections all over Europe!
- You can read THE ENTIRE POEM HERE
- Thank you @slamup
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.