Age is Just a Number
- Do you know how it feels when you give up ?
- I always thought I would never give up….but I did.
- After fitness training with a personal trainer for 7 years…..I stopped.
- At first I felt elated.
- No more aching muscles, no more pushing yourself to the limit.
- Then after a year….I felt my body change.
- I lost muscle strength and …gained a few pounds
- … and worst of all….I lost my drive to stay healthy.
- It took me another year to finally realize fitness is not an option…
- …it is a life long project.
- Since we all are living longer and at home….I have to keep fit.
- I cannot depend on others to lift heavy bags of cat litter
- …take out the garbage and do house- and gardening work.
- I have been inspired by many women …for example:
100 year old Ida Keeling who started running at 67….and is still running.
Read her story HERE.
82 year old garden architect Penolope Hobhouse
garden writer, designer, historian and lecturer….still works the soil 5-6 hrs a day!
Here is one of her beautiful creations!
Leontine van Moorsel: Olympic athlete (Dutch) and international champion
- At the end of 1993 and beginning of 1994,
- …it seemed Leontien’s career would come to a premature end.
- Health problems developed as a result of an eating disorder.
- Leontien tried to keep her weight down….particularly for the cycling climbs.
- Leontien was tired both physically and mentally —
- …it became the lowest point in her life.
- Then it changed when she met Michael Zijlaard.
- Michael was a competitive cyclist.
- He is credited with teaching Leontien to live healthily and eat properly again.
- They married in October 1995.
All these women are proof that age is just a number
- …and physical and mental strength can be achieved.
- Now I have decided to get back to my training.
- I know I can do it with the help of Sport Met Hart
- It starts today @home with 2 weeks walking, stretching
- …plank exercises, push ups and perhaps
- …later some jogging.
- My diet is varied and I am following the advice of Dara Torres.
- Her meal plan looks like something I can live with!
- It all starts with a different breakfast every day!
- My plan is on the kitchen counter….and I’m ready to go!
- I will keep you updated on my progress….because
- I know this is going to be tough
- …and it is going to hurt!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.