#ReadingIrelandMonth22 Favorite Irish Actors
- I’m enjoying a delicious Irish Coffee this morning
- ….in The Netherlands (tulip center of the world!)
- and trying to think of my “5 best” for week 1
- Here are my 5 favorite Irish Actors:
- Daniel Day Lewis was British born but holds Irish citizenship
- …so we can rightfully claim him!
- Movies: there are so many to name but
- The Boxer (1997) (one of my favorite soundtracks)
- The Last of the Mohicans (1992) and another one of my favorite soundtracks.
- The Age of Innocence (1993) are my favorites.
- I was raised in a Burns – Houlihan family who loved
- classic Irish themed movies
- ….and I STILL watch Going My Way (1944) every year at Christmas.
- It is my number one “comfort movie”!
- Barry Fitzgerald won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor 1945
- …for his performance as Father Fitzgibbon.
- It is a shame that many people remember
- …this actress ONLY for Killing Eve.
- Fiona Shaw is one of the BEST stage Irish actresses.
- Her performance in Medea is riveting!
- Just look that this face!
- …a REAL Dubliner who enjoys his Guiness, I’m sure!
- Brendan Gleeson is the quintessential Irish character actor
- …who has given us memorable movie moments!
- Favorites: Calvary (2014) – The Guard (2011)…ABSOLUTELY hilarious!! – In Bruges (2008).
- I’ve saved the best for last…
- …the GOAT Irish actor: Peter O’Toole!
- He made film history in the film Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- 10 Oscar nominations …and 7 Oscar wins in 1962.
- If you’ve never seen this movie…
- invest in your own DVD copy as I have done.
- I remember everything about the movie…
- the time: August 1963
- the place: Ansonia Connecticut movie theater
- with my BFF Kathy.
- This movie was 3 hours and 47 min long
- ….so it was in the days when you had an ‘intermission’.
3 Comments Post a comment
Fiona Shaw – the best thing about Killing Eve.
I agree! I haven’t finished the series yet. I have to take it in small steps, very spine tingling evil!
I fell under the charms of Peter O’Toole thanks to Audrey Hepburn. I watched most of her movies during my younger years, including How to Steal A Million where Peter’s blue eyes stole the show!!