#NonFicNov 2021 week 3
Week 3: (November 15-19) – Be/Ask/Become the Expert with Veronica at The Thousand Book Project: Three ways to join in this week! You can either share 3 or more books on a single topic that you have read and can recommend (be the expert), you can put the call out for good nonfiction on a specific topic that you have been dying to read (ask the expert), or you can create your own list of books on a topic that you’d like to read (become the expert).
- I must have spent 2-3 hours just thinking about what topic
- …I want to be an expert in?
- Racism, history, art, science….I just could not put my finger on one topic.
- So I just decided to READ the nonfiction
- Longlist for the 2021 National Book Awards.
- I’m sure this will guide me in my NF reading….into areas that I
- …never would have explored
UPDATE: 17.11.2021 National Book Awards Winners 2021!
Fiction – Nonfiction – Poetry – Translated literature – Young People’s Literature
Hanif Abdurraqib, “A Little Devil in America: Notes in Praise of Black Performance” (finalist) –
Lucas Bessire, “Running Out: In Search of Water on the High Plains” (finalist)
Grace M. Cho, “Tastes Like War: A Memoir” (finalist)
Scott Ellsworth, “The Ground Breaking: An American City and Its Search for Justice”
Nicole Eustace, “Covered with Night: A Story of Murder and Indigenous Justice in Early America” (finalist)
Louis Menand, “The Free World: Art and Thought in the Cold War”