#Novella nr 1: NovNov – AusReadingMonth 2021
- Author: Amanda Lohrey
- Title: Vertigo ( pg 144)
- Genre: novella
- Published: 2019
- Monthly plan
- #AusReadingMonth2021 @Bronasbooks
- #NovNov @746Books
- #NovNov @bookishbeck
- Sometimes I search days for a good book
- …and sometimes one just falls into my lap!
- I ordered this book a year ago.
- This year for #AusReadingMonth I am determined to
- sweep through my Kindle TBR and read as many Aussie
- authors as I can.
- Also this review is ….for #NovNov @746Books
- Veritigo is a stunner.
- Luke and Anna, thirty-something…. decide on a change.
- Worn down by city life they flee to a sleepy village by the coast.
- One senses that the change of living area is only nothing more than as escape
- for a couple who have difficulty communicating.
- The neighbours are strange but authentic.
- The problem is the drought.
- The book felt like a compact box of chocolates.
- I ate the first few bonbons (part 1) and
- as I continued to remove the layers (part 2) of paper
- only to come deeper (part 3) into an exquisitely crafted novella.
- Chocolate and this story are
- so addictive that one cannot stop reading/eating it.
“this book is unputdownable!”
- The last layer was one one the best descriptions I’ve
- ever read of a bush fire….incredible!
- …absolutely a “coup de coeur”.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.