#French Delphine de Vigan
- Author: Delphine de Vigan (1966)
- Genre: novel (pg 347)
- Title: Les enfants sont les rois
- Published: 2021
- This is an account two children, Kimmy and Sammy, whose parents film and share
- every moment of their days on the internet.
- The parents are influencers who are exploiting their children.
- Social media, You Tube channels and Instagram
- ….product placement is big business.
- Melanie en Bruno earn an enormous amount of money by advertising for brands
- …until the “fairy tale” comes to a shocking end.
- The deep sense of emptiness
- …in this family is overwhelming.
- The social media friends/community distributing
- “like”s and comments filled with
- “bisous d’étoiles” (see Google) seem
- more important to Melanie than her real family!
- I missed Ms. de Vigan’s sensitive writing style
- that was such a success in her book
- Rien ne s’oppose à la nuit (2011).
- Les enfants sont les rois is simply a factual statement of
- what is happening without any added value.
- Actually, nothing much really happens in the book!