#AusReadingMonth2020 Sophie McNeill
- Author: Sophie McNeill
- Title: We Can’t Say We Didn’t Know
- Published: 2020
- Bingo card WA
- List of Challenges 2020
- Monthly reading plan
- #NonFicNov 2020
- #AusReadingMonth2020 @bronasbooks
- Trivia: Shortlist Walkley Award 2020
- #AWW2020 @AustralianWomenWriters
- The winner will be announced
- Walkley website Walkleys.com
- 7pm AEDT on Friday, November 20
- ET 03:00 and CET 09:00 hour
The shortlisted titles are: 11.11.2020
We Can’t Say We Didn’t Know (Sophie McNeill, ABC Books) – READ
Fallen (Lucie Morris-Marr, A&U) – READ
The Altar Boys (Suzanne Smith, ABC Books).
- The book felt like I was reading a Wikipedia page
- ….with a heavy dosis of pathos.
- You feel the emotions of sadness or pity
- which has come from telling the harrowing experiences people
- caught up in the Middle East conflicts.
- Pathos is used as a way to emotionally appeal to the listener or reader.
- You may like this book…..but it did not resonate with me.