#Classic Ayn Rand
- Author: Ayn Rand (1905 – 1982)
- Title: Atlas Shrugged (1168 pg)
- Genre: fiction
- Published: 1957
- List of Challenges 2020
- Monthly plan
- You either LOVE the book or you HATE it.
- I can’t state it more simply.
- This is crystalline capitalistic philosophy spun in the
- warm cocoon of a novel to make it more digestible.
- I continued to soldier on being pummeled by waves and waves
- of soap opera stuff, profound statements and superfluous details.
- I read with my cat in front of the fireplace
- …and keep falling asleep!
- The cat slept as well.
- Sorry I have to agree with one of my GF Friends ‘Bridget’
- and give this book a score of 1!
- I read Atlas Shrugged to understand
- why a friend of mine liked it so much.
- Bad News: I did not like Atlas Shrugged
- Good News: We are still friends!
- The book is 350 pages too long.
- It is unnecessarily padded with character sketches
- of some of the politicians, engineers, scientists and activists involved.
- A swirl of useless descriptions and
- facts makes this book….unbearable.
- …I wasted many reading hours.
Chapters are too cynical, too sour, too claustrophobic.
- Worst book I’ve read in a very long time!
- Who wants to hang out with these awful people?