#Non-Fiction The Churchill Factor
- Author: Boris Johnson
- Title: The Churchill Factor (400 pg)
- Published: 2014
- Genre: non-fiction
- List of Challenges 2020
- Monthly plan
- I started this book before the UK’s general election.
- It is fascinating to see how Boris Johnson
- emulates his hero, Churchill!
- Winston Churchill tipped the scales of destiny in 1940.
- We should all be thankful for his courage, pluck and
- famous message June 1940 to the British people:
“We shall go on to the end.
We shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be.
We shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender…”
- This book was a delight to read!
- Not stuffy or dry
- …but filled with insights and humor as
- Johnson weaves the narrative between war,
- politics and Churchill’s personal life.
- Boris Johnson is a savvy politician
- ….but also an excellent writer!
- PS: John Lithgow is wonderful as Winston Churchill
- in Netflix series The Crown...