#AWW2019 Mary Anne Butler (playwright)
- Author: Mary Anne Butler
- Title: Broken
- Published: 2016
- Genre: play
- Rating: A+++++
- Trivia: 2016 Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards (drama)
- Trivia: 2016 Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards (literature)
- List of Challenges 2019
- Monthly plan
- #AusReadingMonth @Brona’s Books
- Some plays should not be analyzed…they just have to sink in.
- Mary Anne Butler
- …has written a phenomenal script.
- It is intimate, realistic and breathtaking drama.
- Three characters weave their story
- ….criss-crossing their lives with each other.
- I read the play 4 times:
- 1 x reading the role of Ham (man driving on desert road)
- 1 x the role of Ash (female in car accident)
- 1 x Mia (Ham’s wife…home alone after a great loss).
- Now I was ready to read the play
- with the voices echoing in my mind.
- This is THE best play I’ve read in a very….long time!
- Strong point:
- Stellar example of dramatic construction (dramaturgy)
- and …inventive dialogue!
- #MustRead….really a must!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.