#Fantasy Snuff by Terry Pratchett
- Author: Terry Pratchett
- Title: Snuff (Watch City #8; Discworld #39/41)
- Genre: Fantasy
- Published: 2011
- List Reading Challenges
- Monthly planning
- Trivia: Snuff won the
- 2012 Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize
- and was nominated for the
- 2012 Locus Award for Best Fantasy Novel
- as well as the Prometheus Award
- Commander Vimes is persuaded by his wife, Lady Sybil
- and Lord Vetinari (boss) to take a family holiday.
- They go back to Sybil’s roots in the countryside.
- Comic relief: Wilikins, Vimes’s thug-turned-butler, accompanies them.
- As Vimes arrives in the countryside he senses crime.
- “Where there are little crimes, large crimes are not far behind”
- Commander Vimes, pg 169)
- Pratchett, though diagnosed in 2007 with dementia,
- penned a number of sizable pieces while living with the disease.
- He said only his spelling and typing were affected
- …..he still had the
- words to write 5 more Discworld novels.
- Snuff was great fun to read.
- I haven’t laughed out loud while reading…in a long time.
- I’d love to visit “the therapeutic baths at Ham-on-Rye” (pg 25)!
- I would recommend using an audio book.
- Through the voices the story and the
- quirky characters come alive!