#DNF: The Merchants of Truth
- Author: J. Abramson
- Title: The Merchants of Truth
- Published: 2019
- Trivia: DNF
- List of Challenges
- Monthly planning
- Non-Fiction List
Rating: NO SCORE
- I’m being brutally honest
- I wanted to love this book because I am a news-junkie.
- I thought I would enjoy knowing more about
- Buzzfeed and Vice…but the selections were bland.
- Techies are bringing entertainment not news.
- Buzz staying within boundaries but
- …Vice pushing the limits of ‘edgy’.
- Even the chapters about NYT and Washington Post
- …in part one could not
- ‘hook’ me into reading any further.
- Old school established customs/conservatism in
- boardrooms of the icons in the 1980s publishing world
- is not a great springboard into an interesting book.
- Scandals that brought down Peter Arnett and Dan Rather
- ….some millennials would say “Who?”
- I used to force myself to finish everything I started,
- which I think is quite good discipline when you’re young,
- but once you’ve established your taste, and the penny drops
- that there are only a certain number of books
- you’ll get to read before you die
- So I’m closing this book and ….moving on.