#CF Finland Kati Hiekkapelto
- Author: Kati Hiekkapelto
- Tite: The Hummingbird
- Published 2013
- Trivia: TBR since 2015
- List Challenges 2018
- Monthly planning
- Crime fiction….it is always about the quality
- …of the writing.
- I found Friedrich Dürrenmatt’s books rivieting.
- “The Inspector Barlach Mysteries:
- The Judge and His Hangman and Suspicion“
- His books are great examples of mystery writing:
- A crime is committed—almost always a murder—
- and the action of the story is the solution of that crime:
- determining who did it and why, and obtaining some form of justice.
- Kati Hiekkapelto? …crime fiction
- This was the contest of wills between the
- detective and the killer who is on the loose
- …mixed with a multicultural back round (Serbia – Finland).
- I found nothing baffling in this CF book….
- just another formulaic in which
- cop and the killer trade knockout blows.