Classic: #AllAboutAusten @Brona’s Books
- Samuel Johnson is credited with saying that
- “A book should teach us to enjoy life or to endure it.”
- I think Jane Austen succeeds on both counts!
- I’m not a dyed-in-the-wool Jane Austen fan
- …but I’m going to toss aside all my preconceived notions
- about her books.
- I have moved on….
- I have enjoyed life but at times had to endure it.
- Opinions formed beforehand
- ….(in my youth) are without adequate evidence.
- I will read Jane Austen and let her
- …speak to an older and wiser Nancy.
- You can join in the reading fun HERE.
- @BronasBooks is hosting a very a low-key, casual event
- and you are free to post as you will.
- If you want to do an Introductory post, feel free.
- If you only want to share your reviews… that’s okay too.
- Chat on twitter with #AllAboutAusten.
- Author: Jane Austen
- Title: Pride and Prejudice
- Published: 1813
I didn’t even have one of Austen’s books on my bookshelf! My copies arrived yesterday!
After 3 days of constantly reading French (Charterhouse of Parma, Stendhal….it is time to bend over the saddle…and let go of the reins! starting P&P…on the prairie!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.