#Paris in July Biscuits Breton
- Biscuits Breton with Lemon Curd
- …topped with whipped cream
- ..meringue in photo but I prefer crème chantilly
- After dieting for 5 months
- ….it is time to bend over the saddle…and let go of the reins!
- This month during #ParisInJuly
- …I want either to
- bake, broil, braise,’buver’ (drink wine or cocktail)
- something French every day!
- I’m using La Petite Cuisine à Paris by R. Khoo. (see Amazon).
- It is time to celebrate the summer and its fruit and fresh veggies
- …..before you know it it will be winter here!
- This is a delightful cake to enjoy
- …as a special treat for 14 juillet!
- I made the lemon curd ( see post July 3)
- Now it is time to make the basic biscuits Breton.
- To assemble, place a generous tablespoon of the lemon curd
- on top of the biscuits, followed by the whipped cream.
- Oven: 170 C (330 F) – 12-15 min
- 3 egg yolks ( in photo 2 yolks…but you must use 3!)
- 125 gr softened butter
- 200 gr flour
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- WHISK butter, sugar, salt and zest until a pale yellow color
- … add yolks and continue to WHISK.
- CHANGE to DOUGH utensil
- …add flour and baking powder into batter —> MIX
- Wrap dough in cling foil.
- Chill 4 hrs or overnight
- Roll dough out to a 1/2 inch thickness
- ….and use culinary circle forms to make a perfect round biscuit!
- Don’t remove the biscuit out of the form.
- Bake the biscuit in the form on a cookie sheet
- 170 C (330 F) 12-15 min until golden.
- Ready to roll…!
- Conclusion: this recipe will make shortcakes.
- I used a biscuit cutter to make the rounds
- I cooked the biscuit in the cutter.
- Later I used the cutter again to help me layer the cake with
- lemon curd….topped with whipped cream
- If you let the cake stand…(see photo) the curd will ooze
- and cover the cake giving it an elegant look!
Still very hot in The Netherlands..
…enjoying a Crème de Cassis Spritzer!