#Paris In July French Wine
This wine is a real treat!
- Blanquette de Limoux is considered to be
- …the first sparkling white wine produced in France.
- It was created long before the Champagne region
- …became world-renowned for the sparkling wine Champagne.
- The first textual mention of “blanquette”,
- ….from the Occitan expression for “the small white”
- appeared in 1531 in papers written by
- …Benedictine monks at an abbey in Saint-Hilaire.
- No one can say it better than the French:
- “Cette blanquette or pâle libère des bulles fines et régulières,
- ainsi que (as well as) des parfums intenses de
- poire williams et de chèvrefeuille.” (honeysuckle)
- I enjoyed this wine with Camembert cheese as aperitif and
- …later with my gratin dauphinois. (La Petite Cuisine à Paris, R. Khoo, pg 34)
- I’m trying to make as many recipes as I can from this cookbook during