#Paris In July Crème de citron
- This is the first step on my quest to make tarte au citron.
- I found this recipe in La Petite Cuisine à Paris by R. Khoo.
- I was looking for the right tangy taste.
- This recipe makes about 1 cup of crème de citron.
- When I make the tart I will make dubble or triple this amount.
- You can make this and save it in the fridge for a few days.
- Crème de citron is an elegant touch for a any special desert!
In three easy steps:
- Large bowl: mix zest and juice of one lemon,
- pinch of salt, 40gr sugar, 45 gr butter and
- 2 egg yolks.
- Optional: adding 1/2 tsp cornstarch.
- I want the curd thick to use tarts.
- Warm slowly …keep stirring all the time!
- I warmed the mixture au bain maire.
- For velvety perfection: pour cooked mixture through a sieve.
- Photo: I bought this fine mesh professional cooking sieve years ago
- I use it all the time to sift flour….and sauces
- Important! use a culinary ring to keep the curd in one
- …place otherwise it will be a mess.
- Believe me, I know.
- Cover mixture with thin, clingy plastic wrap
- …and make sure wrap adheres to sauce.
- You want to avoid the formation of a ‘skin’ on the lemon curd.
- Cool in fridge for a few hours or overnight
- Here are the photo’s of all the steps!