- Time to say goodbye to 2017 and look at the results:
Most looking forward to 2018 – #DealMeIn2018
- Jay host a refreshing challenge each year.
- It give me the opportunity to read short stories
- …and essays!
- I will be joining his challenge for sure!
- I will be making my ‘to read list’ soon!
My favorite of the year – #AusReadingMonth @Bronabooks
- …here is the reason why: ‘Wrap-up AusReadingMonth’
Most difficult: #HLOTRreadalong2107
- Read-a-long @Brona’s books
- I decided to leave my comfort zone and read all 4 of Tolkien’s books.
- Brona had to nudge me along at times…but I did finish the books!
Most fun –The New Yorker Magazine
- I tried reading the New Yorker Magazine the week it arrived!
- I failed miserably (read only 5 issues since June 2017).
- But is was the most fun….because I never knew what I would read!
Most intoxicating – Cocktails and Literature
- I stumbled upon National Daquiri Day this summer.
- After some investigation I found more links between
- …cocktails and writers and even WWI weapons!
Most disappointing – Modern Library’s Best 100 Novels List
- I had high hopes for this challenge.
- Some of the choices
- …I doubted if they were worthy to be on the list!
- I read 20 books and enjoyed only…4 (20%)
Most surprising – Read Ireland challenge
- Again, I stumbled into this challenge via
- …the History Book Club group on Goodreads.
- I throughly enjoyed Irish plays, non-ficton, fiction!
- No one can tell a story like an Irishman!
Most work – Nobel Reading Challenge
- I started this challenge 3 years ago.
- Every chance I had I searched for a new book for this list.
- Now, sadly, I just cannot find the enthusiasm I once felt.
- I ‘m afraid this challenge will be dropped in 2018.
- There are too many other genres ( poetry) I want to discover!
Here are my top 5 in 3 catagories:
- Cloudstreet – T. Winton
- The African Queen – C. S. Forester
- The Slow Natives – T. Astley
- The Dry – J. Harper
- Bleak House – C. Dickens
- Milligan, L. – Cardinal: The Rise and Fall of George Pell
- Franklin, R. – Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life
- Lamb, K. – Thea Astley: Inventing Her Own Weather
- White, R.C. – American Ulysses: A Life of Ulysses S. Grant
- Meade, M. – Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell Is This
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.