Who Pays the Bartender?
Ingredients: Prichard’s Key Lime rum – tonic
Glass: small wine glass
- 3 fresh mint leaves crushed in the glass
- Add ice and…
- 60 ml Prichard’s Key Lime Rum
- 60 ml Fever-Tree tonic ( I just filled the glass to the top!)
Garnish: spig of fresh mint
- Absolutely delicious!
- The crushed fresh mint leaves give the cocktail a “je ne sais quoi” !
- I added in a second cocktail the juice of 1 lime ( not in orginal recipe)
- It improved the taste with just the ‘tang’ a lime can give.
- I discovered the Fever – Tree tonic by accident!
- It is an An aromatic and pink-tinged tonic.
- A blend of South American angostura bark,
- ….cardamom, pimento berry and ginger.
- This give the cocktail a beautiful pink glow!
- Let’s face it….with just a little creativity you can enjoy
- …an unforgettable aperitif
- …instead of the “same-old, same-old” beer or house wine.
Who pays the bartender?
- I was curious what this cocktail would cost in a bar?
- Here are my conclusions:
- 1 lime 58 eurocent
- Pichard’s Key Lime Rum – 12.95 euro 700 ml ( bottle)
- 60 ml rum – 1,11 euro
- 100 ml Fever-tree tonic 69 euro cents (1,39 euro 200 ml bottle)
- total cost cocktail: 2, 38 euro ($2,81)
- No tips (20%) and No employee wages
- 15% of a drink’s price goes to paying for the drink
- 85% goes to employee wages, rent, and other operating expenses.
- Pour cost 15% = 2.38 euro
Gross margin 85% = 13.48 euro
total bar cost: 15,86 euro ($18.70)
Service charge (tip):
- Excellent service or in a swanky bar = 20%
- Average service 1,70 euro ( $2,00)
- TOTAL COST: @home = 2,38 euro ( $2, 80)
- TOTAL COST: @good bar = 19 euro ($22,44)
- = cocktail + 20% service charge
- You can make 6,7 cocktails at home for the
- …price of 1 in a bar!
- OMG !!
Don’t forget…you pay for the view as well! (Park Hayatt Tokyo Bar)