Saturday cocktail: Brandy Crusta
- It’s a summer Saturday afternoon.
- The sun is still warm yet I notice even now
- …the days are getting shorter.
- Time to continue searching for the perfect summer cocktail.
- I’ve added a new item to my home bar….ice crusher.
- It is the greatest little gadget!
- The Brandy Crusta was first created in the 1850’s by an Italian.
- Joseph Santini opened his ‘Jewel of the South‘ Saloon in New Orleans.
- The recipe has 4 basic ingredients + lemon juice.
- 45 ml brandy
- 14 ml Maraschino Cherry liqueur
- 22 ml Grand Marnier (or Cointreau)
- 22 ml lemon juice
- dash of bitters ( I used Fernet-Branca)
- I poured the ingredients in a wine glass filled with crushed ice.
- Others use a cocktail shaker..shake with ice, strain and serve.
- I prefer to leave the ice in the glass….to keep the drink cool
- …and not TOO powerful.
- The taste is exquisite…
- …a perfect after beach drink.
- Just sit back, sip and enjoy the sunset!