Hip-Hop – the rising stars 2017
- I have never really listened to hip hop…
- …but a lot of people do!
- Hip–hop is the most listened to genre in the world
- …regardless of geography or language
- One of the most important hip hop magazines
- XXL picks the ten rising stars 2017.
- Carrie Battan, music critic for The New Yorker
- wrote an article describing the XXL Magazine’s
- herculean task to get all ten of these diva’s
- in a group foto before noon. (foto)
- Battan’s report in the June 26 2017 issue
- ..of The New Yorker was hysterical!
- I took the time to just listen to what young
- …people like when it comes to hip-hop.
- Here is my modest evaluation:
- Kendrick Lamar – Bah
- Future – GOOD…but back round music was better
- Chance the Rapper – Bah
- Ugly God – S0S0
- Oakland rapper Kamaiyah (only female) – GOOD…she made sense.
- Beanpole of a rapper named PnB Rock – GOOD…he made sense too.
- MadeinTYO (most sociable) – Bah, rap sounds like the needle is stuck on the record, repeats!
- Kap G, a lanky Atlanta rapper of Mexican descent – Bah..have no idea what he is saying!
- Florida rapper named XXXTentacion—XXX, for short – Bah
- d.j. Sonny Digital (most difficult one) – Bah, he is in a daze when he speaks.
- Aminé, an impish rapper from Portland – the BEST…I call it poetic rap, very good!
The clip is 1 min 11 sec….just to give you an impression: