Fellowship of the Ring
Conclusion: My thoughts…..
#HLOTRreadalong2017 hosted by Brona’s Books
- The Hobbit in February – READ
- The Fellowship of the Ring in March – April – READ
- The Two Towers in May – June (I’m behind schedule… life got in the way!)
- The Return of the King in July – August
16 May: finished book 1
- I pushed myself today to finish book 1 Fellowship of the Ring.
- The storyline still feels simple filled with references to fog, sun, dark forests and strange characters Frodo and Co. meet on their journey. I don’t see this book as a comfort read but one I can easily skim and still follow the narrative. I’m reading as fast as I can because I’m afraid if I stop again….I’ll never finish the rest of the books: The Two Towers and The Return of the King.
- Many people delve into the writing of Tolkien to seek hidden meanings.
- I just preserve and hope to finish the books I committed to during the read-a-long #HLOTRreadalong2017.
- I cannot sugar coat it.
- …..I’m a bit bored but will
- I knew I had to do something to increase my interest in the book.
- After having seen all of Jackson’s Lord of the Ring movies I started to use
- Google images to remind myself who is who in the book while reading.
- This helped me a great deal!
- Bard the Bowman and Gloin en Gimli became
- …faces again and not just names!
- “…stars of Elbereth…”
- The rest of the book gives backround information of the Tale of the Ring up the present.
- The most important part is the decision made.
- Council of Elrond: a plan is hatched to cast the Ring into the fires of Mount Doom in Mordor.
- New names for me:
- Celebrimbor (shadow of Mordor) and Elendil the Tall ( looks dangerous!)
- As the journey begins to reach the fires of Mount Doom all the images of the movie
- …flash for my eyes.
- I realized the book was easier to read as soon as Gandalf was back in the narrative.
- Somehow he is the only character I really enjoy!
- The book is finished….I wandered off the path but was not lost!
- It was a marathon read for a few days, but I did it.
- Now time to rest and in June start The Two Towers!
- Thank you Brona’s Books for hosting and I have one last question
- …as does Gandalf…..
- What is the elvish word for friend?